Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spontaneous WHAT?

We never do anything spontaneous.  Well, basically never.  So on Monday afternoon when Derek texted to ask if I wanted to take the kids to the Husky Women's basketball game THAT NIGHT at 6 pm, I said...."YES!"  Let's do it!  Let's be crazy!"  One of my clients had already cancelled so she could go to the game, so why not see if the other client could switch?  And she could.  So we went to a game with only a few hours notice.  It was amazing.  Derek bought the tickets online.  We drove to the U (no traffic!).  We got Kidd Valley for dinner, parked and made it on time for tip off.  We had a great time at the game.  It was amazing (stress free because we were way ahead almost the whole game) basketball.  The arena is small enough that we let the kids go together to buy concessions and use the restrooms.
It was so fun.  Those Husky women drained 3s like nobody's business!
And I didn't say it (though I did think it), but Derek did.  "I pulled this off!  I can't believe it!  This finally makes up for the Nutcracker." (Where he bought us tickets when I was pregnant with Libby.  We were headed out for the 7 p.m. show when he looked at the tickets and realized they had been for the matinee.  Earlier in the day.)  Yes Derek, you have finally redeemed yourself.
I was so excited to watch the next game.  We recorded it so we could watch it once everyone was home.  Unfortunately I looked at my phone just before we were about to turn on the game and a KOMO news alert told me the sad outcome. I tried not to let Derek see that I knew that they lost, but I couldn't fake it.  I'm terrible like that.
Thus, it was a short but exhilarating ride on the bandwagon.



Libby wore her hair in a Kelsey Plum ponytail braid the next day.  Luckily the Nortons understand their chances of basketball stardom are slim to none, height not being on their side.


No comments: