Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, February 19, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day!

This year I ended up focusing all my Valentine energy on the students of Meridian Park.
The student council had the idea of doing hearts for all the students, like they do at the local high schools.  It was a pretty big undertaking.  The principal wasn't sure we could get it all done.  But Maren and I got things organized and we wrote and put up all 750 before school on Monday.  Kids were pretty pleased to see themselves on the walls.  And we even got a tweet/facebook post from the district!


I did manage to get the girls new swimsuits.  But I didn't manage to get one for Ben.  He was always with me during my dance class shopping trips.  So he got to pick out a box of chocolates for himself.  I didn't do a fun Valentine's breakfast or dinner.  I didn't get Derek anything.  And we all survived.

Derek rocked Valentines this year!  He sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers to work, brought me lunch, and stayed up to help me put together our new couch!  Rockstar!!

New couch

New chair for the family room.  It looks really out of place now, but lots of orange and teal accessories are coming, including curtains.

Student Council also put on TWIN day this week.  I gave out all the old t-shirts from the student store to the teachers, so we were matchy matchy.  Sarah was home with the flu, so she didn't get to twin, and Libby was in the office serving out her sentence for bullying a girl in my class on Tuesday.  Sigh.
But Ben and his friend Sam were super cute.  Green shirts and jeans.  Ben's first time wearing jeans in forever.  He said he "kind of" liked them.  Ha!  Luckily we had some hand-me-downs that fit him.   

My 5th grade team!  Libby's teacher is the one with glasses. 

No comments: