Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Another Busy Week!

Sometimes I just need to write a rundown to remind myself why I am so tired by the end of the week!
Monday was the start of Student Council campaigning.  I am so proud of the hard work the kids did!  The kids rose to the expectations, and even exceeded them!  The way our Student Council elections work is nice--all the kids running are on the Executive Committee for sure, they are just running for the officer positions.  That means that win or lose in the election, they have already gotten over the toughest hurdle (the application process.)  Not everyone makes it over that hurdle.  Lilbby was one of the ones that didn't.  But she can still run for class rep or for a lower grade rep.  So she can still be on Student Council.
But election week means that I was filming speeches, making ballots and tally sheets, etc. in most of my breaks this week.  The election on Friday was so close!  It showed what a great job the kids did.  I have to remind myself though, that the real work of Student Council is just beginning!  
This week teachers will choose class reps, then the next week I'll choose lower grade reps.  Then the meetings and the fun start.  Whew.

This week was also the Rhinos parent meeting.  We had a good turn out.  The registration numbers aren't high enough for my comfort level yet.  And some people had difficulty with the new website.  I'm still not sure if that has resolved.  Boo.  Rhinos is the straw breaking my back.  But we made it through the parent meeting.  The swag we purchased for the year, new water bottles and custom nail clippers, were well received.  I'll be so glad when this year of Rhinos work is behind me.

It was visiting week at Dance on Monday.  I got to see a few glimpses of the girls before and after my class and running some errands.  Love these ladies!  They are doing so well--especially considering they have 3 hours in a row of classes.  


The other challenging thing is the headache I have had for literally weeks.  Finally on Thursday I went to a walk-in clinic and got some muscle relaxers.  Then on Saturday I saw a PT that I worked with a year or so ago.  Helped so much!  I have been headache free for 2 days.  I am starting to feel like my old self!
I have some new stretches and I am going to do them diligently.  My pec minor and my subscapularis on my left side are all out of whack creating tightness in my neck caused by impingement in my shoulder.  Bleh.

General Conference has been nice and calming.  We went to the Women's Meeting with Grammy Geneva and then out to dinner after. 

Today I am going to keep working through the attic stuff that I pulled out last Saturday.  The filing cabinet went into the attic this week (thank you Derek!).  I am taking baby steps toward redoing the office since Derek's contract finally settled and the retro check is on its way...

Here's to a better week!

No comments: