Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Go Shorewood--2nd Place in Sub-Regional Tournament!

Friday and Saturday we went to see Shorewood compete in the Sub-Regional wrestling tournament.  After placing 2nd in WESCO with a record of 11-1, I was so nervous!  It is hard going in with super high expectations.  So I was a mix of trying not to get my hopes up--and of trying to have a growth mindset.  The sky was the limit, right?  Of course the 1st place WESCO team is Edmonds Woodway (A team I have been instrumental in helping through my work with Wrestling Rhinos--but it has also helped SW) and they were at our Sub-Regional tournament too. 
Friday was spectacular.  Lots of amazing wins as our top seated wrestlers, and our JV did really well.  Everyone was still in it when we went home Friday night, and SW was in 1st PLACE!

The score after Friday Night.  It was so fun/nerve wracking  to be able to track the score in real time.  It looked initially like we were WAY ahead, but then we found out EW's score was incorrect.  

Team meeting before the final rounds.  What a hard working bunch! 
So proud of these guys.  2nd place at this Sub-Regional is amazing! 
I had to leave for a Girls Camp meeting, so I missed the last few matches.  Our last match was a heartbreaking OT loss.  But we are sending 11 wrestlers to regionals.  WOW! I'm not sure if my nervous system can take it!  But I think I might have to change my plans for next weekend and head south!


No comments: