Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, March 4, 2011

Speaking of Lessons...

I was pretty tired today coming home from the gym. Lately I have been buying a snack from the juice bar before I shower and pick up the girls, but today I decided that maybe I didn't really need it and that the snacks are contributing to my excessive weight gain. Well, I think I did need it because I was dragging my wagon! So on the way home, I got grumpy with a car at a 4 way stop that did not behave appropriately.
From the back seat I hear Libby chime in. "Mommy, you need to speak kindly to the other cars! If you do not speak kindly to the other cars I am going to come up there and slap you in the face." (Which I have never said to her, btw.) The lecture went on to include a summary of how I should talk to other cars, "Say excuse me car...." and to remind me that I should "speak kindly to all people."
Hilarious. Thank you Libby for a little lesson in driving "kindly".

No comments: