Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Farewell to Summer

I am a girl who like to make goals.  I am working on introducing my kids to the concept too.
So we made summer goals for our family.  And we did a pretty good job at achieving them!

Our Spiritual Goals:
Get to page 200 in the Book of Mormon.  Check.
Memorize up to the 8th Article of Faith.  Check.
Have Libby's Baptism.  Check.

Our Fun Goals:
Go to the Science Center.  no check.
Go to the Aquarium.  Check.
Go to the Beach.  Overachieving Check (Richmond beach, Edmonds beach, Padilla Bay)
Go to a Park at least 1x a week.  Check (Sunset, Cromwell, a couple in Centerville, but this year it was mostly Cromwell due to my surgery)
Camping.  no check :(.  (Ward campout was cancelled due to weather)
Mariner's game.  Check.
Bubble Run.  Check
Train for the Bubble Run.  no check--next year, I want to get my kids running!

Read 20 minutes daily.  Check (pretty much).
Play outside at least 1 hour a day.  Basically a check.  Once Cora and Caitlin moved in they did so much fun playing--dancing, making up plays, etc.  I haven't even had to worry about too much screen time.
Practice Piano 10 min a day.  Mostly a Check.
Cooking Club for the girls.  no check.  Next year!
Neighborhood playdate.  I wanted to invite kids from school to play.  A few came a couple of times.  I am really bad at arranging playdates.  But I tried.  Next year.  We did go to a great neighborhood BBQ.  That sort of counts.

Then somewhere around mid-August, I realized that we put a piano where the backpacks and coats hang.  Oops.  Needed to fix that before school started.  So I've been working WAY too hard (my hip is telling me) to try and turn the laundry room into a truly awesome space that is functional and beautiful.  I am SO close to done.  Just one teaser pic at the bottom...It'll be a few weeks before the flooring is in.

My kids love the Randall Family Traditional Back to School Fashion Show.  Caitlin and Cora joined in this year.  We got 2 outfits from everyone but Ben...who only got one out fit since he has so many Hulk Tshirts.  He is stocked.  

Another Randall Tradition.  The Last Hurrah.  Usually it was a trip or something more fun.  But hey, Menchie's is fun, right?  I was busy dragging them to stores yesterday so I could move forward with the laundry room project.  

Libby:  Dulce de Leche with Caramel sauce and cookie dough chunks.  

Sarah:  3 flavors including vanilla, ice cream sandwich and something else + chocolate sauce, cookie dough chunks and whoppers.  

Ben:  Keeping it simple.  Vanilla with Marshmellow creme sauce.  

And HUGE thanks to Shawn, the laundry/mud room is ready for the first day.  

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Wow!! The laundry room looks fantastic. And, how fun to see the BTS fashion show still going strong. Sending hugs to everyone for the start of school.