Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Gingerbread Houses 2017

Somehow I have never realized just how much time it takes to make gingerbread houses--and I don't even make the gingerbread!  The awesome kits make it easier.  But you still have to shop for candy, build the houses.  Wait, then decorate.  Then clean and clean and clean.  
But seriously, it is still my favorite thing!  
I didn't get too many pictures, my hands were too covered with frosting! 
We had our new neighbors over--okay not that new.  They moved in 6 months ago.  But this was the first time our schedules matched up to hang out.   The kids had so much fun.  They established a "Norton-Hardie" Colony where Ben and their daughter Wren got married.  It was so cute.  I think they spent more time on their enormous blanket fort than they did on their gingerbread houses.  It was a fun morning.
(The cleanup went until afternoon of course.) 
The spread.

We invited our cousin Ann to join us too. 

Somehow I didn't get a picture of Ben's, but the theme of his house was tootsie roll snails.  Hilarious.  

Libby was really excited to make a wafer bench.  
 When I finished cleaning, I went out to do a little more shopping.  The girls ate their houses while I was gone, and I never got a picture of their finished houses. 
This was my first house.  I seriously love decorating.  I could do this all day.  I was particularly proud of my red hot well.  I'm sure you would get cinnamon flavored water if you drew from this well! 

Then there happened to be another house left over from the kit.  So I decorated this one too.  Not as elaborate, but still fun.  We used them for our christmas table decor.  (You can see Ben's in the background of both pictures.)

No comments: