Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Happy Birthday Derek!

I tried really hard to make Derek's birthday fun for him.  Always a challenge.  I was going to have his sibs go in with me for new computer parts, but when I clandestinely tried to figure out what he needs, he said it's not worth fixing.  So then I got him new Hokas.  But apparently he won't wear shoes that aren't blue.  Who knew.  So he got nothing.  But Mariner's tickets for the family (which I gave the kids for Easter--double dipping?  maybe.) And it turns out he hates going to Mariners games.  So, add it to the list of things that have been a big fail for his birthday.  haha.  But I did get him chocolate ice cream for his birthday treat.  So that was okay I guess. 


We ate at Ivar's on the water before the game.  Our kids wanted to pelt seagulls with fries.  Who are these children? 

He actually did have (I think) a pretty good time at the game--except when the manager pulled starting pitcher, the relief pitcher gave up a grand slam, allowing the other team to tie it up.  But in the end the Mariner's prevailed.  And the beer that was spilled on D by the funny guys behind us wasn't too bad.  

We brought Andrew along.  Super fun to have him. 

Also, SPD got a new interim chief.  And Derek has already had words with her.  Ugh.  No surprise. 

Anyway, there's always next year for me to satisfy this guy with a nothing birthday, which is actually a little something birthday.  But next Mariners game I'll go without him.  

No comments: