Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 26, 2024

A New Workout Routine, A Cortisone Shot, A Track Award & A Baptism

 It was such a calm and chill week! It was awesome.  Track is over.  Derek had a calm week before spring football starts.  It was so nice.  We watched lots of Law and Order (have I mentioned that the original is streaming on Peacock)?  I also pulled out my old BODYPUMP and BODYSTEP DVDs and Sarah (mostly) and Ben (once?) and I have been working out in the ballroom.  It's been super fun. I bought a mini-DVD player to hook up to my laptop that was a total bust.  So I bought a little TV that we can use our regular DVD player with.  Yesterday with the new TV worked out much better.  My goal is to have them learn the basics and build stamina so that by mid-summer we could maybe go to a real gym.  We talked about joining Harbor Square where I used to teach, but there is a 60 day waiting list.  What? And it's hard to reserve classes, etc.

So we'll see.  We may drop in on a few classes in the area to see what we can find that will work with our summer schedule.  (Which is pretty open).  

I'm doing no weight (basically--not even holding a bar for BODYUMP).  And no step for BODYSTEP.  We'll see if I can work up to using some weight and a step.  I got a cortisone shot on Friday into my hip socket and I feel SO MUCH BETTER.  It's amazing.  And it's not even supposed to take full effect for a couple of weeks.  Wow.  So we'll see how that goes.

Ben also had his track awards ceremony and he got the 7th grade boys Most Inspirational award.  He certainly inspires me.  He gave a talk at his friend Noah's baptism this week.  And all the kids sang.  It was awesome.  (Noah is a friend from the wrestling team who had already been meeting with the missionaries before wrestling started.) Ben's idea for the talk was a great one!  The Holy Ghost is like a Wrestling Coach.  Loved it.  I helped him flush it out, but it was his idea and he did some great work on it. 






No comments: