Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Our Gorgeous Garden

 This year I set a goal to garden every day this summer (that I'm home).  Just a few minutes at least.  Sometimes I do up to thirty.  And, I got lucky with one of my flower purchase...Carnival Zinnias.  As big as my dahlias.  Wow.  

I also really really wanted to buy some planters for outside our house.  I couldn't find what I wanted.  So I did some dreaming and Ben and Derek both helped be build them.  Not idea for marital harmony (when Derek's been working so much OT).  But they look awesome. I hope they will hold up.  I maybe should have done a bit more planning.  

Anyway, I just want to sit on the front porch or on the back patio and gaze at the flowers.  (So of course then I immediately go out of town to wrestling camp.) 

This is my Rachel wisteria up on the arbor.  It bloomed this year for the first time. 


I planted this front bed for the first time like this.  Not getting quite enough sun.  But I like it. 

Is there such a thing as too many hydrangeas?

Front porch basket

Little flower bed

Big side bed.  Impatients.  And a hydrangea about to really pop up there.

This is the crowning jewel triangle.  There are two more dahlias behind the purple one about to go. 

It's all looking so good. 



No comments: