Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Baby Benjamin Grows

The thinking pose...
I love this shot of Libby and Ben. She loves to hold him and kiss him. She thanks me daily for brining him home from the hospital. Today she said, "Mommy, please don't take Ben back to the hospital!"
This is the outfit Derek wore for his blessing. It fits Ben quite well now, so I am not sure if he will be able to wear it in 4 weeks at his actual blessing. If he stops getting longer it will be fine, he could expand quite a bit in width and it would still fit.
I actually caught a smile! Libby was there helping me get this shot.
KNOCK ON WOOD...but Ben continues to be a good eater and a good sleeper. I got a 5 hour stretch last night that was just lovely. Then he gave me another 4 hour stretch. Too bad Libby had a meltdown because she was hungry about 4:00 am and that woke up Sarah. At about 5 I woke up to Sarah trying to push me out of my side of the bed. She sat on me when I wouldn't wake up. So I got her a glass of water and got her back in bed. (She has been drinking water in the night often lately. What is up with that? She will go into the changing table and drain the water bottle in there, then come and wake us up to ask for more.) So I can't complain about Ben, but I do have reason to complain...but I won't. Oh wait, I already did. Oh well.
Anyway, I took Ben in on Monday to get some more silver nitrate on his belly button. He had gained 4 oz. over the weekend! Then I weighed him last night on our scale and it looks like he is up to 9 lbs. What a big boy! He is growing longer rather than fatter though...so newborn stuff is too short now, but 0-3 looks super baggy. His hair continues to be WILD!

No comments: