Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 1, 2015

School Pictures, Windows to their Personalities

Here are the school pics.  And here is what they say to me.  My girls are adorable, amazing and...full of personality!
Libby has a little vain streak.  She really wanted her hair straight for her picture.  My condition for straightening it was that she let me braid the front of her hair.  AND THAT SHE LEAVE IN THE BRAID UNTIL AFTER THE PICTURE so that her hair wouldn't be in her eyes.  When I picked her up after school and the braid was out, I asked if she did it before the picture.  "I'm not sure." was her response.  Did she think I wouldn't find out if she lied?  Seriously?  I have photo evidence that she did take it out before the picture, and I'm sure she was sure that she did it before the picture.  But, on further reflection, who is the vain one?  Maybe the mom who wanted her daughter to look the way SHE wanted her to look without considering how the daughter might want to look?  So, I'm trying not to be frustrated.  She looks pretty amazing and you don't even recognize the braid remnants unless you know about them, right?
Libby is the student council rep for her class.  She decided in class, on her own, to run.  She made up her own speech.  A vote for Libby is a vote for Luck.  (Reminds me of Make a Wish and Vote for Trish...6th grade Governor?)

And then there is Sarah's picture.  Until about 3 hours before this picture, there was another tooth hanging out there in the front of her mouth.  And I mean hanging.  By a thread.  And she wouldn't let me touch it.  Until finally that morning I begged and pleaded and she finally let me give it a little push.  Out it popped (well actually it popped into her mouth if you want to be technical about it)!  The second one hung on a similar amount of time.  It was turning gray by the time she finally pushed it out with her tongue on the way to school.  She is careful, cautious.  And she left her braid in.

They are so different, I have to think from a totally different direction in order to parent them.  I love them both so much.
Both teeth gone!

No comments: