Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Summer 2016 Memories

All of the kids, and especially Sarah, love to ask Derek and I to tell stories from our lives.  It is fun, but also hard sometimes to remember funny and entertaining things to tell them.  So for FHE last night we wrote down our favorite summer memories.  Except for Sarah.  Ironically she was the one who just couldn't come up with anything to write in the allotted time.  Maybe I'll add hers later.  
Ben and Mom worked together.  I put captions on his pictures.  Bombora (his first rollercoaster), a monster, Baker lake, etc.  It was an amazing summer with SO MUCH SWIMMING!  All of the kids and I have tan lines.  This is a great accomplishment for Seattlites!  We managed to get out there on the sunny days!  Next year I hope there will be even more camping and swimming.  It was so fun.  

Dad worked A LOT this summer.  But, we timed things right and got to spend several days with him.  He even took the kids camping to Baker Lake.  I have a before picture, but I forgot to take an after picture.  The hair was crazy and they were much dirtier.  But since pictures don't capture that camping smell, you can't really get the full impact of the "after" effect anyway.













I love what Libby chose to include in hers.  The Green Mile--(going around Cromwell 4 laps on M/W/F..didn't think that would be on her favorite memories.  Glad it is!)
I am ready to say goodbye to this summer.  But it does mean sending my baby off to school!  Where did the time go?

No comments: