Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 18, 2016

The Insanity of School

It is upon us.  The insanity of school.  I thought I was ready for school to start.  Ready to go back to a schedule and time for myself.  But wow.  I forgot how busy busy busy it is.  This week we had curriculum night (where Libby begged me not to wear sweats--apparently I am embarrassing her already).  We fed the elders, had Piano lessons, picked up Libby's new glasses, went to Ben first soccer practice, and dealt with the fact that it is getting colder and my kids have outgrown their coats, warm shoes, etc.
I went to the gym 2x, swimming once, and had lunch with a friend (one of my goals for when all my kids were in school) and take Ben to purchase a reward for the marathon he finished this week (which he then lost later that day at Target and we had to go back and pick up from their lost and found at bedtime last night). But it all felt like a whirlwind.  Derek was home and super helpful.  He made dinner 4 nights this week (all delicious Japanese food), and it still felt like a whirlwind.
Whew.

Ben is taking a Kidz Love Soccer class.  And I think he likes it.  I didn't love standing out in the cold and wind and sprinkling rain.  This is one of the reasons I have avoided outdoor sports in our lovely climate.  

The cones on his head are "candy."  They were playing a game where you kick the ball and hit people to get "candy" like the people are pinatas.  It turns out it is hard to kick the ball and keep your eyes up to see the people you are trying to kick the ball at.  It was a good drill.  

Sarah's new boots.  She complained that her boots were pinching, so I took off the ones she had worn to the store to see the size, size 13.  She now wears a 3!

Libby's new glasses.  She has always worn ones with really light frames.  These dark ones are super cute.  

No comments: