Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Week of Performances!

I lasted blogged about the Nutcracker.  Then on on that very day we had the winter holiday dance show.  The next night, Monday, was the piano recital.  (Then the Tuesday was the RS ornament party at our house, Wednesday I did some visits, Thursday was Ben's Kindergarten Family Night, Friday was a baby shower...Saturday I took the kids to a Parent's Night Out and STAYED HOME...whew!)
Anyway, I digress.  The kids were great in their performances.
Sarah is having fun in dance this year.  This is the Jazz 1 class.  The winter show is fun and silly.  The spring dances are more polished.

I am really proud of the girls' piano improvement.  They both hate counting (which was my downfall), but they are continuing to improve and they count when I make them.

Libby composed her own song for the recital (and played the First Noel also).  She loves jamming and singing her own songs more than practicing the ones she is assigned.  But we eventually get down to practicing the real ones...usually.  Her song is pretty powerful...and catchy.  You'll find yourself singing it later!

Ben and I were a good team at the Kindergarten family night. We knocked out this awesome house in 1/2 hour or so. Then we finished our "date" at Home Depot where I bought a space heater to help me get through my training sessions in a very cold garage. And he had a little accident trying to get to the bathroom in Home Depot. Ahhh, the joys of dating.
I can't believe it is only one week until Christmas. Some of the presents are wrapped. Most of them have been purchased. We have one more party, then Christmas Eve to host. Whew!  One nice thing is that Derek took the time off until after Christmas!  12 days off in a row!!! What will he do with himself?  (Hopefully the things I ask him to do!)


No comments: