Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 24, 2017

The 2nd Full Week

We had a pretty good week around here.
Some awesome moments.  Some mom fails.
2 mom fails happened on Monday.  I thought I had a system all worked out.
The girls would both go home from school, do their homework and get ready for dance.  I would drop in at home at 4:30, pick them up and head to the dance studio. I alternate hanging out and feeding one girl while the other dances.
The fail part came in when BOTH GIRLS didn't finish their homework before dance.  So we took it.  And then they BOTH left their homework at the restaurants.  2 different restaurants in 2 different locations.  So while I insist at my students do their homework, I am having a hard time helping my own kids get theirs done.  And turned in.
I also almost forgot about running club for Libby on Tuesday, and I did forget about it on Wednesday.  (it is now in the calendar.)
I knew we were running out of milk, but I just somehow didn't manage to go to the store and buy some.
So 7-11 on a Friday  night to buy milk.
I let the kids watch Wonder Woman.  Yikes.  They got way too scared.
But, considering that Derek worked the Mariners games this week, so I was on my own, we handled it pretty well.  I mowed the lawn and did a little yard work on Thursday instead of making dinner.   I let Ivar's handle dinner. I did a massive laundry and cleaning day on Saturday.
I also got in my 600th mile in my Nike Run Club app.  I started in 2012, so it isn't like this is something amazing necessarily.  But it is amazing for me since I didn't run for almost 2 years. 

We picked up a clarinet for Libby from a friend.  She had been really wanting me to buy her one.  But when Gary told her that he had played it in the BYU marching band--she was sold!

I feel so out of my league with the whole instrument thing.  I am glad that I have a village around me who understands that.
The girls are LOVING being in the Seattle Children's Chorus. They come home singing and won't stop.
Ben is trying to decide about piano. I can't practice with him before school.  I am too anxious and it stresses him out.  We had great practices today and yesterday.


The only pictures I took this week were of my students' art work (before today).  I wrote a Gaudi Art Docent project this summer.  We tested it out on my students.  They did a great job!  It is going to be fun to have the whole school doing mosaic art.
This is my art! (Not quite done).  It is the ocean and the rocks in Mataro with a sunset in the sky. 
And thank goodness I end up with some gems like this on my phone:

There were some awesome moments in my classroom (working on their TED share project) and my grammar pretest went really well too.  Some less good moments (crying during our math games).  But I'm figuring it out!  I am happy to be back in the classroom.

No comments: