Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 1, 2024

And We are Back in School (Yay!)

I am actually pretty excited to be back in school.  But also, the stress is descending.  It's busy.  And only going to get busier when we start seminary. 
But it's the atmosphere of growth that I love. Here's a little synopsis of everyone's first week. 
Libby had a rough first day.  And by that I mean she slept through all her alarms and didn't go to her first day.  So she's working on strategies to get herself up more effectively...and having lots of time to do it because she can't use the car for anything but school and practice until she has gotten herself up 5 days in a row and delivered to me her plan in writing.  So far I haven't seen the written plan.  But she was up the next few days.  I am 100% done with waking her up.  Time to figure it out sister.  She only has 2 classes at SW and then her running start classes start later in Sept.  But they are only on M/W.  So she'll have no classes on Thursday.  She's got one possible job lead.  But since she wants to be an elementary school teacher--I've got work for her to do at school.  So if she doesn't find something else, I'll have her put time in at school with me.  I can use the help and she can use the experience. She's still struggling with the breakup...which I can sympathize with.  It's hard to end a year and a half relationship (maybe I hadn't mentioned the breakup on the blog?  But it happened 2 weeks ago now...)


Ben had a great first week. He was so happy to be a WEB leader. I thought I got a pic of him in his WEB ("Where Everybody Belongs" 6th grade orientation leader) jersey, but I guess not.  Here's the end of first week ice cream celebration.  Double scoop of blackberry! He was so happy to see his friends, and so happy he has rec sports.  Let's go 8th grade! 



Buddy confused that we are all leaving him. 

Sarah looked amazing on her first day.  Her hair is awesome. She and Libby are doing both swim and dive.  So they have practice from 3-6 every day (with a drive from one pool to another in the middle.) They are both really liking diving.  Also, the dive coach found out Sarah is lifeguard certified and offered her a job! So she may be working on early release Wed and Saturdays! 

I decided to get the blonde highlights out of my hair at my back to school haircut.  It is emphasizing my gray!  And my hair is so thin I started on a new collagen/biotin supplement.  Hopefully that helps.  It is wet in this pic, so it's not as bad as it seems.  But I'm overall feeling great.  (Well, some headaches from my painting project the last two weekends.  But I'm done now--had to repaint the upstairs hallway before we get new carpet.)  I have really big class (30) compared to the last few years (closer to 20.)  I've been spoiled by my small classes. It's amazing how much more wrangling it takes when you add 9 kids (I have a 2:1 boy to girl ratio too) to a room. But I'm excited to get going.  It's going to be a good year. I need to take some pics of my classroom theme for this year.  I'm pretty excited about it!  I'm also super excited to be doing an AP World Study group with Sarah's friends.  My textbook should be coming this week. 


 

No comments: