Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Small Dining Room Project

Before..boring, plain, not fancy
My schedule is really full right now.  I have personal training clients, dance class, young women activities at church, kids to shuttle to and fro, a personal training exam to study for, classes to teach, meals to cook, etc.  But somehow the desire to do home projects is back.  Even without HGTV in my life.  So, this week Paige and I painted the dining room wall to match the new curtains I got at TARGET (love).  

Fancy!  I used a Martha Steward Metallic finish paint.  This is not easy stuff to work with.  I did 3 coats and you can still see the lines of my roller strokes if you look for them.  But I LOVE the shimmery effect.  (The girl in the store tried to tell me that maybe I wanted "high gloss".  But I said, NO--I want SHIMMER!)  Painting it so carefully on the 2nd and 3rd coats really hurt my neck (I am still wearing a Salon PAS patch this morning and praying my chiro can get me in tomorrow) but it was worth it.

The orange color connects with the oak of my dining set and makes me like it better.  Which is good.  Because it is low on the list of priorities for changing it out.  

No comments: