Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Potty Training Adventures

Libby was so easy to potty train.  I knew she was ready because she started removing her poopy diapers herself.  So, I just followed the advice of the Potty Training Queen and used the 3 day method.  Sarah was another story.  She took a year of off and on misery.  I am, understandably I think, a bit leery of trying to potty train Ben.  But he is SUPER motivated by clothing, including the opportunity to wear pull-ups or undies.  So, he has been going once or twice a day for awhile.  I adore it when he goes because he gets SO excited!  Then I let him wear undies over his diaper or pull-up.  Whenever I put on the undies he says, "now I have to shake my booty!"  So he gets down from the changing table and does the cutest booty shake saying, "shake my booty, shake my booty (over and over)."  One of the cutest things he does.  He has also started taking off diapers when they are poopy and/or asking me to change him immediately.  I need to seize the moment.  But I am still hesitating.  HELP!
When the girls want to wear costumes, this is what Ben asks for.  Fix it Felix!

He has been really into his weapons this week.  He also punched dad in the face during one of his naps this week. He was so excited about this.  

Ben wanted to wear socks with his Tevas.  He chose which ones to wear.  

He also chose this outfit.

Love this kid!

No comments: