Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Times and Seasons...

The last 4 months have shown me a few things. 
1.  I love teaching.  I missed it.  
2.  I can teach elementary school.  It is hard.  But so fun.  So challenging.
3.  I can't train clients and teach school.
4.  It is possible to eat food all week and never really cook (reheat, go out, etc.)
5.  I am not a nice mom when I am too busy.
6.  I love teaching more than I love training and running my own business.

So, I am shutting down the Nortown.  Mostly.  I will still train for trades (piano and swimming) this summer.  Then, I am applying for PART TIME jobs in the fall.

My certificate allows me to teach grades 5-12.  And to do curriculum support I can maybe do younger grades too.  (And in the spring do HiCap kinder again?  A job I can do because it is shorter than a certain number of contact days with students.)
I have to wait until fall to see what is open.  (That is when they hire part time positions usually.)  For the next 2 years, all 3 of my kids will be in the same school.  So I want to be there with them too.

At one point during my kindergarten teaching, Sarah said, "Why can't we just be like a normal family and go home after school?"
But now they are saying things like, "We will miss coming to your classroom after school!"  And, "It'll be sad if you aren't here next year mom!"

So, change is good.  It is like saying goodbye to family to let my clients go off on their own.  But I am confident that I taught them well.  They can still work on being Stronger Every Day.
I have another few sessions over the next couple of weeks.  I am ready for a break.  Some travel, and maybe even a home project this summer.  

No comments: