Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Ben Turned 7!

My baby is growing up!  And I don't just mean in age.  He is getting so big.  This has been an amazing year for Ben.  He is reading, writing, thinking, and acting like a big kid.  I am so proud of him.
His birthday festivities lasted several days.
He got to sing in the 1st Grade concert.  (Libby took the photos.  He really hammed it up for her!)

 For his birthday dinner with the Norton family he picked hot dogs and mochi ice cream.  He wanted to eat all 6 flavors of mochi ice cream, but we made him start with just one.  Don't be confused by the candle in his cake.  That is a mom fail.  No 7 candles.  Or regular candles.  So, 8 it was.  Oops.  We will probably forever be confused by these pictures.
 He got some fun gifts, but he loved this singing card from Uncle Clark.  I had to threaten to take it away it was singing so often over the next few days.
 Since we are starting swim team this summer, he got "jammers" and some new goggles.
 He got his swimming report card this week.  The teacher handed it to him and he promptly dropped it in the water.  So, I took a picture and tossed the soggy mess.  He would be in level 3 again.  But since he will be in team he won't take lessons this summer.  We will see where he ends up after a summer of swim team. 
 Libby gave Ben a pedicure for his birthday.  He loved it.  I let him have one nail painted...but I'm not sure if she even did that. 
For his "birthday party" Derek took Ben and his friend Simon to the family fun center.  I think Derek has a pic or two on his phone.  I'll try to get them.  (Code for, sorry, you aren't going to get any pictures of that.)

One more week of school to go.  All I can think about right now is how much I want to deep clean my house.  But I can hold on for one more week.  Right?

No comments: