Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Dance Recital 2018

It was a really fun dance recital this year.  Libby was in 2 numbers in the 1st act.  Sarah was in 1 number in the first act and 2 numbers in the ballet.  I got to be in the opening number and in the Adult Jazz number.  It is a really intense way to end the school year.  But it is always so much fun!  I love performing, and so do the girls.
Mimi (Grandma Debbi, my mom) got to come for the recital.  And its a good thing she did.  Everyone else who usually comes was out of town.  Grandpa Brion bravely came by himself.
Mimi did the girls' makeup both nights since we had only a short time to get ready so I could be a ticket taker. She did an awesome job! 

Grandpa Brion alone since Geneva is out of town for a wedding. 

The traditional pic with me, Susan & Tania

Sarah in her "Uptown Girl" costume.  You can't see it here, but I bought her a bun hairpiece since her hair is too short for a real bun.  It worked out really well! 

Libby in her acro costume.  Her biggest accomplishment in this dance was a "headspring."  She had to practice outside of class to get it down.  She nailed it the second night and did quite well the first night too.  


Ben liked it pretty well...since it starts at 7:30 pm, he was pretty tired by the end of the ballet.  

Our 1st set of costumes.  This is mine for the opening act. 

Libby's "Uptown Girl" costume.  

Sarah in her fairy costume.  The ballet was 12 Dancing Princesses.  It is my favorite so far because there is little solo dancing.  I love group dances.  The costumes, the acting, everything was amazing! 

Tada! 

Together in our costumes.  Love dancing with my girls.  Love Alderwood Dance Spectrum.  It is a great family to be a part of! 

No comments: