Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Classroom Prep

 Since Girls Camp, I've been cleaning, gardening and getting my classroom ready.  Since I was at WIFYR when my year ended, and I was interviewing for and hoping to get a new job, I let my classroom languish in semi-disarray.

So once I knew I was staying at MP (kinda sad, but also super relieved) I did a massive clean out.  Sarah and Ben helped a couple of times.  I also had an awesome parent from last year come and help out.  It is shaping up so nicely that I didn't even have to go in yesterday.  (I worked on wrestling instead, ha.) 

 My theme this year is related to our dreams giving us wings and helping us fly.

I'm pretty excited about it.  We are going to make catapults instead of cars.  We are doing our first activity with paper airplanes.  Should be fun.

Each year I learn some things as I put together my door quotes.  Mostly I learn that I should slow down and be more careful with my letter placements.  But I think this year turned out pretty good. 

Almost ready for school to start on Sept. 1.  Glad I have another paid workday tomorrow to get things ready. 




No comments: