I have been having so much fun with Ben lately. He's started drivers ed, and it's M-TH in person. So he drives us there and I sit in a nearby Starbucks and write. It's been a beautiful way to catch up on all the writing I've not done all summer, and spend time with Benny.
We also went to IKEA! He really wanted some new shelves. And I love a good IKEA trip--turns out as much as he does. We got a new shelf for my office (I now have my own printer hard wired to my computer because wifi and printers don't mix sometimes). Ben got new shelves for his lego collection, and we got a new coffee table for the family room. It was a bear to put together. But we had fun. Then Ben decorated it with all the silver things. So hilarious. It still has the silver tray on it because who has time to decorate any more? It really just points out how much we need a new rug, new couch, and new chairs in that room. Ugh. Oh well. Next summer probably?
Ben is driving really well! I even let him drive home from Ikea (once we got pretty close to home I we got off the freeway and I had him drive the rest of the way, ha.)
| I did not leave the grater and the compost bin, but nice idea Ben. |
| The table opens up so you can use it as a computer table or whatever. |
No comments:
Post a Comment