This year getting Libby off to school had several more challenges than last year.
The first was that after showing that she didn't make good decisions about driving, we wouldn't be taking her car.
2nd, she had surgery so she couldn't drive.
3rd, her move in was the day before girls camp. Oh boy.
So, I found a plane ticket that could get me out in the evening on Aug 10, so I could move her in and get back for camp. I rented a van. Then I realized that me doing 26 hours of driving over 2 days was not going to work. Thankfully when I realized the issue, Derek hadn't filled his weekend with OT yet, AND the plane ticket for him to come home with me was reasonable.
So it became a 3 person roadtrip to Iowa.
We stayed in Centerville Utah on the first night. Sadly my parents were still in Africa.
We stayed in Omaha at my cousin Stephanie's house the next night (total blast to crash the cousin sleepover.)
Then we did what maybe was the fastest move-in + Target trip ever. She was all set, including meeting her coach by 3:15 pm so we could hit the airport.
The flights home went smoothly enough (the final leg through SLC was 20 min delayed, but that wasn't too bad considering).
Sarah picked us up so I could finish the girls camp packing and be ready to head out at 8:00 am.
Not ideal, but so thankful that it went well.
Libby's new dorm set up is really awesome. She has 3 freshman teammates as roommates. Hopefully they don't mind a mess. Or maybe she'll turn over a new leaf?
She starts school tomorrow. Yay for a new year. It's a much bigger school than last year (would be hard not to be bigger.) So lots of new things to navigate. Excited for her (a little jealous honestly. I loved college.)
| 3 full Target carts since she needed some stuff for a bathroom this year too. |
| Fun with new 2nd cousins. |
| My favorite sign on the road trip. |
Derek and I read two Harlan Coben books. (Actually we have like 2 hours left of one book...we need to hang out this week and listen!)
No comments:
Post a Comment