Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Youth Camps 2026

 Planning YW Camp again this year was super fun.  The girls basically said they wanted to do again what we did last year.  So that was nice!  Going to the same place at the same time meant we knew what we were getting into in such a great way (although we didn't plan on smoke.) 

Sarah had two other girls join her as Youth Camp Leaders this year, and they had great energy as a team.  We had several girls bring friends this year, so our numbers went from 16 to 25.  We had such a fun group.

Sarah designed the logo for the shirts.  Loved them! 

Front of the shirt


We added a hike to Franklin Falls on the way up.  It was amazing! When I did the hike to test it, it was cold and rainy, so no one was playing in the water.  On a lovely sunny day, the girls loved playing in teh water. 

Some fun decor (still waters, green pastures and sheep in our balloon towers.) 

Feed my sheep

Sheep lights

I only took my camera out a couple of times.  One was for the slip n slide

and Rope swing! 

I'll also add the camp schedule as a record.  We did have to deviate due to smoke.  We drove down back toward Seattle to get out of the smoke for our lake day. On Friday we did indoor competitions since it was too smoky for pickleball.  Then it cleared up for a fun evening.  I've said I'm taking a break from camp.  I've been for six of the last seven years, 4 of those as director or assistant director.  Time for someone else to have some fun. Next year I'll have one or two daughters to get off to college! 




I also got some pics of Ben having a great time at surf camp.  His most memorable moment was when they tried to walk to town in the middle of  the night, lost a flip flop in an encounter with a mean dog, and ended up being rescued by the police to get back to camp.  Oh boy.








No comments: