Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Naps and Chalk Art

Ever since Libby gave up the binkie (or had it wrenched away, depending on how you view it) she hasn't taken a single nap (well maybe one or two). Until yesterday. I finally had had enough. My little angel had turned into a sleep deprived devil. Moving bed time up hadn't helped, and we were up to about 40 tantrums a day. (Mostly mini-tantrums). I just got in bed with her and told her a story just like we do at night and stayed with her until she went to sleep. She didn't have a perfect night of sleep last night, but I think she is going to get used to it. I was able to get her to wear clothes (instead of a costume or dress) to the gym. No tantrum. I wet down and combed her hair before the gym. No tantrum. She took another nap. She didn't ask for a movie ONCE today. She and Sarah played outside for over an hour. They laughed more than they fought. I honestly heard Libby come back out of her shell today. It was amazing what a little more sleep can do. I don't know what took me so long. But I think I am finally going to like parenting Libby again.

This is the chalk art piece "Sunset" I love it. Even though it is not on the surface where the chalk was intended to go, I am fine with it!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Hmmm, someone else I know didn't like taking naps at about that age...