Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Not My Favorite Spring Break

This week was Spring Break for us.  In years past, we have gone to be with family in Utah.  This year, I decided to have my cyst removed.  It made for a long and boring week.  I had spurts of energy where I did a few small projects.  Then I retreated to bed.  I didn't have much pain, but I felt really tired.  And frustrated with my limited bandwidth.  It's all for the best, right?


Anyway, here is a rundown of our week.

Monday:  Surgery.  I slept for a few hours after my surgery.  Then in the evening, Derek and I ran errands and did the usual dance run.

Tuesday: I felt much better than expected.  I made new wreaths for the front doors.  I have been wanting to do this forever, and it helped that I couldn't find my regular wreaths after I took down the Easter stuff.  I must have put them in a very safe place. I found that I already had two wreath forms.  The flowers were on sale at Michaels.  I could do this with mostly my right hand and a little support from my left.  I also hung some pictures in the Sunroom.  (See separate post.)

Derek also got his sling off!  Hooray!  He still can't even do PT for another month.  But his doctor says he may be back to regular duty in July. 

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday I made it my goal to take the kids swimming.  The pool has extra Spring Break public swim times.  Ben technically is too young to go in alone.  2 days they didn't care and let him swim.  On the 3rd day they weren't going to let him swim. They finally did, but wouldn't let him go in the deep end, even though the day before he spent the entire hour and a half in the deep end, going off the diving board and rope swing.  Sigh.  Anyway, they had fun and I read and worked.  Thank goodness for Wifi at the pool.



All 3 kids passed the swim test and are going to be swimming for the Gator swim team this summer.  8 am Mon-Thurs. all summer.  I'm way more excited than they are.

Saturday we went to the Husky Spring Game/Fan Fest.  Derek was in heaven watching football.  I was happy to feel the sun on my face intermittently.  We also shopped a bit at U Village.  I'm looking for a new desk--turns out that is hard to find.


Then we went to the Everett High Musical because our cousin Emma had one of the leads.  She was AWESOME!  It was really fun.  I was exhausted by the time we got home.  Hoping one last day of recovery has me ready for school tomorrow!

No comments: