Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Week Before Easter

I had to look back at my calendar to see what happened in the last week of March.  Time has been going really fast!  The most important thing was that Derek went back to work on Friday March 30th.  Whew!  He is on light duty, helping the station master at the North Precinct.  It isn't as exciting as police work, but that is okay for now.  And, the poor station master has a herniated disc in his neck, so Derek is holding down the fort at the North Precinct.  Derek's next post-op appointment is this coming Thursday.  I am praying that he gets to stop wearing his sling because I am having my cyst removed from my wrist next Monday.  If he can't do dishes by then, we will be in trouble!

We also finished the Einstein Middle School wrestling season.  It was a group of very nice kids.  One district champ (a Rhino!) and a few other placers.  Not a season for the winning record book.  But a season with a definite record for the most significant injuries--including Derek!

On Thursday the 29th, we attended the Shoreline Public Schools Foundation breakfast.  Libby was in the video they showed there.  She was so cute.  She did a great job.  I hope they post the video so I can share the link.  It is always a fun event, but it was extra fun to be part of it in a whole new way.

Shoreline Public Schools Foundation Video


We made it through to the trifecta weekend--Conference/April Fools/Easter.  All in one day!

No comments: