Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 29, 2018

So Far, So Good with Wrist Healing

My wrist seems to be healing nicely.  I had a great week back in my routine.  I was able to walk several mornings, and I even did a mini leg workout on Thursday.  It was a beautiful weather week.  We walked to school on Thursday and Friday.  The kids complained like I was killing them.  We have gotten lazy this year!
Back to walking whenever we can.

Anyway, some gross pics of my wrist in the healing process.
Before
(The surgeon said my cyst was pretty "tasty" or good sized.  He said I should feel relief for sure to get it out.)

What I wore for the first week after surgery.  

Right after they took off the cast.  You can see the stitches still in there. They removed the stitches right after this picture. I've been wearing a splint off and on this week.  My hand therapist said I should taper off and do my stretches 2 or 3 times daily. 

Today.  Almost 2 weeks post surgery.  Still some swelling right around the incision, but I'm doing my stretching and getting my range back.  Yesterday I didn't wear the splint at all, and was able to do pretty much everything except the yard work I was hoping to do.  Couldn't wield the big clippers.  

No comments: