Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Sun Room Project Progress

In December I bought this new couch for our Sunroom, and it started a whole unexpected project.  I finished the painting during Winter break.  Then no progress until Mid-Winter Break.  Derek helped me put the chair together (he hates the chair, btw...but it was the only one that felt good just after his surgery, ha!) Then we got the ottoman and pillows.  Ben helped me choose the pillows.   He loves them. 

I made the curtain and the pillow on the chair below.  

Then we had to wait for Spring Break for further progress.
I still had my favorite globe in the attic.  Pulled it back down.  I spray painted the thing above the globe gold, and it now is a perfect place to hang postcards.  The Explore box below the globe is now home to our extensive postcard collection (thanks to the many friends and family who send us postcards).  The kids have been loving having them so accessible.  


I found the map of Paris at Hobby Lobby and framed them in these frames from Leanne's wedding that I also spray painted gold.  A pic I took in Discovery bay and two water colors from Prague finished this side of the room.  My friend Jen gave me the lamp in the corner when she was moving.  You can't tell, but the color is perfect.  And the globe I found at Home Goods.  The room is shaping up! 

I constructed this bookcase/blanket holder out of a bunch of Christmas bins over Winter Break too.  They are to hide the mechanical aspects of the couch.  (The back of the couch doesn't go all the way to the floor.)  So, this space I'm declaring done for now.  The family room is on hold because the chairs I finally decided on are on backorder.  So, I just wait. And focus on the outside!  (See outdoor post...)

No comments: