Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Dance Recital 2019

I just did some double checking, and we started dance at Alderwood Dance Spectrum in 2011.  We have a lot of recitals under our belts!  The girls did a stellar job in the recital.  I didn't think I would be in this recital, I just got too busy and my body was too finicky this year to finish the ballet class I started.  But Sue created an opening number that I could be in. I'm so glad.  It was fun to dance with my girls again! 
The theme this year was Celebrations!  Libby and Sarah danced to "Celebrate" for Jazz.  (One of my favorite songs!)  The ballet was "A Midsummer Night's Dream."  For the ballet Libby and Sarah were Changelings.  I was so worn out by the end of this year, that I didn't even know if we would take dance again next year.  But they were so great!  It was fun to see how much they've grown.  Of course we are in!   





I learned to make ballet buns from a youtube tutorial.  What a difference a lot of gel, the right brush and the right bobby pins makes! Miss Sue noticed that I had watched the tutorial :)
My dance was "Mr. Postman" and definitely the most comfy costume I've worn.  The 2nd night the curtain didn't open like it was supposed to.  We all got a little flustered.  But we nailed it the first night! 

The girls' teacher this year, Miss Claire.  She's awesome! 




No comments: