Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 23, 2019

Libby Moving On...

It is really crazy to think that Libby is going to be in Middle School.  They do a very big (and long) moving on ceremony at MP.  They select 4 student speakers, one from each class of 6th graders.
Libby was so excited to be selected.  I was in FL, so I frantically texted Maren on Monday to see if she could work with Libby on Tuesday night when I got home.  She reassured me that they had already been working on it!  Whew!
I did force Libby to make a few changes to make her speech more inclusive and not just about her and her teacher and her bestie.  She fiercely resisted (she got that from me and from Derek poor kid).  But we managed to make the speech work for both of us.
She nailed the delivery, even getting a few laughs.
I had to rush back to class before it was over (I had my 4th grade math teacher take the whole group until 11--when it was supposed to be over....) So maybe I'll add some pics to this when I get Derek's pictures.
The Norton Cheering Section (Maren taking the photo)
Libby and Stella.  They are getting so grown up! 



Libby has grown up so much this year!  I am proud of her.  Lots more 4s and 3s on her report card.  She is becoming a student.  She is ready for Middle School.  I think I'm the one who isn't ready.

No comments: