Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Final Seattle Children's Chorus Concert of the Year

It was our last SCC concert yesterday.  Because it was the 30th anniversary, they had the concert at Benaroya Hall.  It was spectacular!  I was the tech director for Brio (that means I get the little ear piece and I am in charge of getting the choir from on and off stage at the right times...not an easy job with this group) but it was so amazing.
My favorite part of the day was when we were doing our first rehearsal with the full choir (alums and the older choirs).  The younger choirs started out. Then when the older choristers came in, the shock and awe on the younger kids faces was priceless! 
If I am going to be with these younger kids again..a few notes to self.  Bring some books to read them while we are waiting.  Maybe some coloring too (with crayons, not pencils...we had a pencil box drop up in the balcony...boy was that noisy).  And I'll check the schedule again to make sure we don't have to keep them in the audience for an hour...that was too long for them to be quiet!
I took this during the rehearsal.  I was trying to memorize who my line leaders were so I could get them all in the right position.  I had it just right in the 2nd run through.  But for the final show, I got my lines crossed and the wrong line was in front.  Oops.  I had to go onstage and move them around a bit.  Oh well.  We still had pretty smooth transitions.  We ended the show 10 minutes ahead of schedule. 

The view from the balcony where we sat.  The sound was amazing!  

Outside Benaroya in the external lobby.  I wanted a picture outside and inside too. But I was just too hungry.  I didn't bring enough food! 
Then we celebrated Derek's birthday with some Blue Fin Sushi.  Not so good for a low fodmap eater, but I managed to find some things to eat.  (One more week of low fodmap I think...I'm not feeling better, so why torture myself?)

No comments: