Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, August 12, 2019

A Bedroom Makeover Tradition Continues

There is a tradition in my mom's family.  When my mom went to girls camp for the first time, her mom redecorated her room.  Then my mom did that for me and my sisters.  Even though I did Libby & Sarah's room just 2 years ago--I reused a lot of decor from when they were much younger.  It was time to give their room a new look.
Here are some before pictures:  The Makeover 2 Years Ago

And another:
I had the bonus of having Sarah to help me.  At this point she had already taken down almost everything from the walls.
Libby wanted me to paint the walls red and gold.  Wasn't going there (especially after all the painting I have done already this summer).  But I decided we could add gold accents for a reasonable price.
Spray paint was my best friend in this job.  I painted two frames gold.  This bench was formerly in our laundry/mud room.  It was jamming up the traffic flow.  But in here it creates another seating area and blanket storage. 

Libby is into makeup, but thankfully more into owning makeup than really wearing it.  I bought some makeup organizers and got her this chair to sit in while she applies makeup.  She can open the closet door and have a mirror while she sits in her director chair.  Sarah is bummed that she doesn't have a chair.  Maybe she'll get one for Christmas. In retrospect, I shouldn't have gone with the teal chair, since it doesn't match the curtains and that is annoying.  But oh well.  Such is the buying online risk! 

I still love the closet doors (sayings and mirrors) left from the last makeover.  

I actually bought the canvases over the beds for Libby to do her painting project that she wants to do this summer.  Then I realized it would be a cool way to put up her letter--in negative with gold spray paint.  I love how it turned out.  The L itself (and the S) are now on the door.  I replaced the dresser pulls with gaudy gold ones that look like they have diamonds inside.  The shelf above the dresser has some fun gold stuff.  I should take a close up!  Next to Libby's bed is a sign I got at athome in Utah. She got it for her birthday.  "What she tackles she conquers" There is a new gold lamp.  And a new alarm clock.  We have tried many alarm clocks for this girl.  This one is an old school ringer with no snooze, since her snooze count was getting up into the 7-8 range and she was never getting out of bed without coercion.  
I think it turned out quite nice...and the most important thing is that she LOVED it.  She went crazy when she saw it.  My favorite part was when she told me she was going to keep it clean.  We shall see on that one!

No comments: