Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Norton Reading Challenge 2019

The great Norton Reading Challenge of 2019 took place on Thursday this week.
It was a tough battle for 1st place. 
This year we read:

The Hunger Games (supposed to be for older readers, but we let Ben listen to it and he loved it.)
Alex Rider: Stormbreaker
Artemis Fowl (the first one)
Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer
Percy Jackson: Lightning Thief

We listened to all but the Unusual Chickens (the audiobook is due out in Sept.)  It made for a great summer of listening.  I didn't really like Artemis Fowl or the Chickens Book (as it came to be known at our house).  But it felt good to be reading (listening) for a cause.

I got into Alex Rider as a good way to power through the last of my painting.  So I also listened to book 2 and 3. (Then I was over it for awhile). 

The competition was fierce.  In the end, Ben cried when it was over.  He tried so hard, even staying up late several nights to read the Chickens Book.  His team took last, but as Grammy kept saying, "They had a good attitude." 


We had snacks and special Mocktails made by Sarah as a part of her Summer 6 (separate post--maybe next week).  The kids also showed off some of the work they have done this summer--like the summaries they have written for screen time, their paintings, etc.





Libby had a table too--but she wasn't around when I was photographing, and I guess I never took a shot of her.  I was kind of hopefully that they would do more stuff--and that they would clean up after themselves after painting, etc.  But still, they accomplished a lot this summer. 

No comments: