Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Volleyball!

I love volleyball.  And I have been wanting my kids to learn.  I was so excited when I saw the flyer for USYVL for the summer.  It was a time we could make it work...all 3 kids at the same time, just two days a week.  It was perfect!  They all learned a lot and really liked it.  I was worried about Ben's depth perception issues, but they really have improved.  He only took one ball to the face.  (His response, "it's okay, I'm a wrestler, bloody noses happen."  Then his coach told me about the nose, a little worried...my response was the exact same!)
We did miss a few weeks due to travel and weddings, etc.  And the one game day that we were going to make it for--rained. 
Still, I am happy that we got outside, the kids learned the basics, and I even got roped into coaching.  So I got to play too!



The whole crew! 

Our team was called the Fantastic Fivez (yes, with a z).  I wasn't the coach until they begged me after week 1, so I didn't help with the naming process.  Here are a few of my players.  I also might have recruited a wrestling partner for Libby! Most of the girls were gone off and on, so this is only a few of the players.  They were all fun! 


No comments: