Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sarah's Bedroom Finally DONE!

In December we moved Sarah into our office and the playroom became the office.  When quarantine started, I peeled her wallpaper.  Then I told her we'd wait until summer to finish.  It took me all summer, and quite a few mishaps.  But this weekend they had a sleepover with Aunt Maren and I finished it up.

 This blog post from April has the first part of the update:  Sarah's Bedroom Update Post from April 

Here are the finished pics.  She wanted an Astrological Theme.  I got some help from my awesome designer friend Anna to get me over the initial decorator's block I was experiencing.  

The before pics from Friday afternoon:



You may recall that this is the 2nd bed that I bought.  The first bed I tried to match the wood and it was a complete fail--but of course I didn't realize it in time to return it.  Then I called in Anna to help me figure out what to do.  I finally sold the bad bed (as I came to think of it) on Offer Up.  (It was only a $250 loss...sigh.  Never a good way to start a project.)

------AFTER------
New office chair--for her hours at "school."


Behind the chair, I got a custom star chart from the night she was born.  The really gaudy frame (I did look for but didn't find a replacement) says "Never Stop Shining."  Pretty good motto for my Sarah :)

The first time I have actually added wallpaper to my house.  Inside the shelves--the top have a starry night fabric, but the lower shelves are actual wallpaper.  (And that stuff is expensive!)  Derek even helped me hang it! I got all new pulls from Discount Home Furnishings--they were 1/6 of the price of the same ones at HD. 

Close up...

Phases of the moon pics from Etsy.  I had to spray paint the frames to get navy.  Royal pain.  These frames do not want to keep the paint on--even with sanding and liquid sandpaper.  I also spray painted the little side table.  Forgot to get a pic of that.  

I made 3 of the pillows on the bed...(two out of the extra set of curtains to cover the other "window" that was in the room when she first moved in.)

I'm glad to be finally done.  This room took what felt like forever since in the interim I got distracted by so many other projects.  But finishing it means that summer is finally over :(.  

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I’m star struck 🤩