Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Teacher Workdays--Back to School Remotely

This week I started teacher workdays.  I actually went into school and worked from my classroom for about 2/3 of the time.  It is so strange.  And surreal.  I am always overwhelmed a bit by the teacher workdays.  They pull you up and have you looking at your teaching from this macro level that makes the job seem impossible.  Then the last couple of days you get to zoom into the micro level of lesson planning and thinking about the day to day...that to me seems more doable and fun.  But everything is so different this year.  More overwhelming.  The delivery and content of much of the training has been off the mark for what I feel like I need.  But I muddled through--thanks to an awesome team of teachers.  I don't feel ready--but I don't think I really will for this year.  I thankfully still have 2 full workdays before I start teaching.  But Virtual Meet the Teacher is tomorrow night.  Yikes!

I just want COVID to be over.  I want real life back.  

But my bitmoji is putting on a good game face.  


No comments: