Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 8, 2017

A Sicky Week Ends on a Good Note

Derek was sick this week.  Stomach bug of some weird kind that had him down for like 3 whole days.  I have been paranoid all week.  I have had a stomach ache off and on, migraine caused by a tough workout, and been tired.  But knock on wood, I think none of the rest of us are going to get it.

So after a long week, we had a fun time at Spirit Halloween picking out costumes. We had to work with Ben's costume that Derek bought him a few weeks ago at Costco.  We came up with a pretty good idea--I think.  Although the theme won't be as  easy to guess as it has been in previous years.  It'll be fun.  We got Sarah's costume actually at Spirit Halloween.  The rest I bought on Amazon while we were in the Spirit Halloween store.  The only way to shop. 

Libby is still scared out of her mind by these stores.  She had to hold my hand the whole time.  She was literally shaking at first.  She did calm down a bit, but it took her some time.  Poor thing. Ben, on the other hand, loved every minute.  Especially when he got to try on various masks.
 Then last night we went to the wedding of one of Derek's former wrestlers who has also worked as an assistant coach.  It was a super fun wedding.  The best part for me was seeing all my kids on the dance floor.  Ben has been totally opposed to dancing.  But last night he said, "Mom, I need to face my fears!" And pulled ME onto the dance floor!  (I wasn't on the dance floor, btw) because Libby didn't want me to dance with her.  She danced near our table (at the back of the room) and then slowly made her way up to the dance floor.  She stood next to it on one side, then the other, until she found a way to work her way onto the floor.  Then she didn't look back.  Sarah got up there and danced too.  She didn't mind if she had anyone dancing near her, she just wanted to dance.  It was amazing.  They especially loved it when Uncle Clark joined them.  I wish there were more opportunities for dancing in my life! Congrats to Ned & Veronica!



No comments: