Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Visiting WEEK & First Instrument Night

It was visiting week at Alderwood Dance Spectrum!  I finally to to see the girls in action.  Sarah is not in love with ballet.  Her teacher this year is the owner of the studio who is a little more strict.  I think this is great (she is also my jazz teacher).  But Sarah isn't convinced.  The girls both love their Jazz teacher, Miss Barbi.  Barbi is also the teacher for the acrobatics class Libby is taking.  Monday nights are busy and fun!


One millisecond later Libby collapsed onto the floor.  But it looks good in progress!
Tuesday we had choir after school and then first instrument night.  It was literally hundreds of 5th graders from the district crammed into the Shoreline Center.  Then they split off into groups by instrument.  This poor woman was trying to keep the attention of the 100 or so clarinet players who all had a new noise making "toy" at their disposal.  It was horrifying.  I wanted to go up and grab a couple of the kids by the ear and drag them off stage so the others could learn.  But actually, they almost all seemed to be learning something.  And the woman, while annoyed, pressed on and seemed to be used to herding the cats.  I would have lost my mind up there.  Seriously.  I almost lost my mind in the audience.  And since that night, as I have listened to Libby squeak and make an occasional note, I am still wondering how she are going to actually learn to play.  But I guess it happens!

No comments: