Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, October 23, 2017

Sarah's HP Birthday Party

Sarah wanted a Harry Potter Party.  She had all kinds of  ideas for what to do with her friends.  I wanted to keep it simple.  So we bought some Harry Potter themed games from Amazon.  Did you know there is a Harry Potter edition of CLUE?  Well let me tell you, it is not simple.  The original CLUE is a game that requires thinking, but is relatively easy to learn and play.  The Harry Potter version has 3 dice (one is a unique dice for getting special cards) there are spells, secret passage ways that change, doors that get blocked off, etc.  We only made it through one round before they were off to run around in the ballroom having a dance competition that was also somewhere out of Harry Potter I guess.
The food I planned was a bit of a success.  And all the girls had a great time.  So that's what matters, right?
I had them dip balloons in warm chocolate.  Then we froze them while they ate Pizza and drank homemade butterbeer (I found a recipe for this online, it was ok.  I need a Vitamix, but that is another story).  Then we popped the balloons and they ate ice cream out of the chocolate cauldrons.  I also sent them home with chocolate frogs.  A whole lotta sugar at this celebration!  



No comments: