Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Overcommitting? Who me?

So have I mentioned that I have a problem with overcommitting?  Yes.  Me.  So right now a bunch of things are colliding.  This week was Sarah's birthday party (wish I could say no to this, birthday parties annoy me on so many levels), a Wrestling Rhinos clinic that I was helping to host at my school (I did get to work most of the day while I was watching the desk), and I am now in charge of student council (no one else was going to do it, and it seemed like every school should have student council.)   Anyway I had to write a student council constitution because we didn't have one.  I had to create a new application process that would help us get a student council that represented our diverse population.  Now this week I have to get a committee together to choose that council.  Yikes!  I feel so bad that I might have to cut some kids.  There will be tears. And probably some of them mine! 
The wrestling club that I started at our school last year with the help of our awesome PE teacher starts in 2 weeks, so we have been getting that going (lots of paperwork)!
I am also trying to earn clock hours and become a better teacher. 
But enough is enough.  I am not going to the training I signed up for that is the next 3 Mondays.
I need to do the basic planning for teaching my students!
Anyway, just a little rant post because my phone is struggling to sync with the computer so I can post fun pictures from Sarah's (annoying to me only) birthday party. 

No comments: