Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Happy Birthday to ME!

Yes, I'm 42.  And it was an amazing birthday.  The tradition I started the year I turned 40 of travelling on the MLK weekend around my birthday is going strong.  This year I headed to Washington DC to see Emmi's new place.  Jenn joined us.  It was just what I needed!
Derek asked what DC sites we went to.  The answer: NONE!
This was about girl time.  We went to SPA WORLD, went shopping, walked, talked, played some games, and talked some more.  It was amazing.
Jenn and Emmi were pregnant last year.  So this year, they both had babies.  It was fun to hold babies (and give them back).  And Emmi's husband Dan watched the babies a lot so that we could have girl time.  It was a great gift!
We stayed up SUPER late....but since we were on the East Coast, that was perfect for me.  1:00 am there, is only 10:00 pm here.  So I could stay up that late ;)  And I slept pretty well there (something I have been struggling to do here), so overall I got to stay up "late" and still get some rest.  The night of the eclipse was the coolest!  

I got to feed Walter, Jenn's little guy, a few times. He's a great eater, so that was fun! 

I got to hold and feed Atticus at time or two also. 

Shopping!  Jenn wanted some new clothes, and the girls were also passionate about helping me find some more color and style for my wardrobe.  They ended up buying me a super cute pant suit for my birthday.  

We ate at the Rusty Scupper the night I flew in.  It wasn't far from BWI.  Yummy! 

Back together! 

Me wedged between the two babies.  It was such fun! 
It was so healing to be able to process 2018 together.  Here's to a better 2019--and to the power of friends to help lift you up! (Hoping for San Diego in 2020--finally somewhere warm!)
I ended up getting an extra night in DC because all the flights out of DC were delayed.  Luckily I had a training on Tuesday, so I already had a sub plan.  I flew direct to Seattle.  Derek picked me up, I showered, changed, and went straight to the training. 

No comments: