Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, October 5, 2012

Oh Ben Ben!

One of my favorite books is called "Oh David!"  You can see from the cover what kinds of things David gets into.  Ben is moving into that phase.  Here are the things that have made me say "Oh Ben Ben!" in the last few days.
1.  I found him sitting on the couch staring and pointing and grunting at the TV, like he was saying "TURN IT ON!  I WANT CARTOONS!"
2.  I found him sitting on top of the kitchen table, using Libby's homework crayons to color on a paper (thankfully there was a blank paper there!)
3.  I opened my eyes during family prayer to see him dancing, YES DANCING, on top of the little table in the girls room.
4.  I am finding I have to keep all wooden spoons out of his reach because he thinks they are drum sticks, and he thinks the library step stool in the kitchen is his drum.  And the combination is REALLY LOUD.
5.  He LOVES popcorn, and he demanded a bowl two days ago, but then dumped 1/2 of it on the floor.  I am a slow learner because he did it to me twice in one afternoon!
6.  He tried for the entire hour at Libby and Sarah's dance class to open the door to the studio and get in there with them.
7.  And finally, I found him last night putting pieces of toilet paper into the toilet, then pulling them out and EATING THEM.  (Thankfully the toilet was clean, but I had just finished wiping Sarah so it hadn't been clean for long.) GROSSSSSSSSS!

He is such a BOY!  (Although my girls were quite mischievous too.)
Sarah asked my mom and I on Monday, "When is Ben going to turn into a girl?"

No comments: