Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Scaredy Cakes

I am starting to really love serving in Young Women.  It took about 6 months to kind of figure out what I was supposed to be doing, then about 6 more months to get into the flow of things.  Now Sundays filled with meetings seem normal.  Busy Wednesday nights are the norm too.  
For our combined activity this month I helped the girls put together a cupcake decorating contest.  We brought in 2 guests and had mini workshops on how to decorate cupcakes.  They learned how to decorate using icing, modeling chocolate, and candy melts.  Then they got into groups and created amazing cupcake displays.  I didn't get any pictures of theirs because I taught one of the workshops and helped judge.  I was jealous that I didn't get to do any decorating.  So when they needed cupcakes for the Harvest Festival at Libby's school, I used my pent up decorating energy to make my belated entry into the Youth Scaredy Cake Contest:  SOMEONE IS WATCHING YOU....
I found the "frightening good work" part on another certificate online...but the condraculation part...that was all me!  I  crack myself up ;)

This is page 1, there is also a judging rubric..the kids were super intense about the judging--at BYC they gave lots of feedback about standardizing the judging next time.  I think the fact that they actually had feedback is a huge victory!




No comments: