Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Two Great Reads

I have been so busy since I started working with the youth at church that I haven't had much time to read.  Our youth nights are the same as book club, so that is partly what killed my reading as well.  Anyway, I made a goal to read at least 2 books as a part of my surgery recovery (which is going very well by the way).  
I took 2 recommendations from my mom.


Book 1:  The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks


March 25, 2008


Super, Super LOVED this book.  It was really a fun read.  Fun language, fun references to P.G. Wodehouse...Fun ending. 


Book 2:  Ten Girls to Watch



This book was written by a girl who went to my high school and graduated a few years after I did.  The writing is fun, the story is really intriguing.  I enjoyed reading a bit about NY since I was just there recently.  I LOVED the insights she got interviewing the Ten Girls to Watch winners from the past 50 years.  Fiction, but based on a the real story she did for Glamour magazine.  

Who has some more good recommendations?  I really should just join Good Reads or something...But who has time?   

No comments: