Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sarah's Birthday Festivities

Last Sunday Sarah turned 4.  Amazing.  She is growing up!  I decided to do her family party on Sunday evening, then a friend party on Monday right after I taught her little preschool.  Note to self, this was a ridiculously stressful plan.  I had to plan very carefully to try and get everything to time out right.  It was also a little overwhelming for Sarah.  But, she had a good time overall.
Sarah posing in her "Birthday Princess" sash

A couple of years ago I made Sarah a cake like this.  Libby went and got the photobook with the picture of it and showed me how Sarah wanted a "witchy" cake again.  But with a purple face this time.  My purple coloring didn't do a very good job, but I loved decorating it with chocolate melts.  Libby got back out of bed while I was decorating it and pointed out that the witch didn't have any hair....thus the green string green vanilla melt hair.

Derek made some great bread dough and I shaped some scary loaves.

Sarah's other request was pumpkin cookies.

Some guests at the family party remembered to come in costume!  Thanks Aunties Maren and Jen!


Spooky veggie tray

At the friend party we had a "parade of the witches" and we played a game where they each got to stir the witches brew and pick something from the cauldron.  When I sang the "stirring song" the first time (which ends in shouting BOO!) I scared some of the kids pretty badly.

We also painted pumpkin cookies.  They were supposed to make them into jack-o-lanterns.  Either the kids ate them right away or made them into orange and black blobs.

No comments: