Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Sarah hefting a pumpkin while we waited to pay.
It was sunny in Seattle for something like 80 days straight.  I LOVED it.  I hoped it would never end.  I especially hoped it wouldn't end before our trip to the pumpkin patch with our preschool group.  No such luck.  The day dawned rainy and cold.  But did I abandon ship and go to yoga like I wanted to? No.  I went anyway with all 3 kids.  Even though I am now just past my 10 year mark in Seattle, I am still not the kind of girl who likes (or can even handle) enjoying the great outdoors in the rain.  This was also a pumpkin patch extravaganza.  Lots of different things to do, but no one to guide you.  We wasted time trying to figure out what to do next while we got colder and wetter.  Finally we got on the hayride to collect our pumpkins.  The rain poured on us as Ben slipped and slipped in the pumpkin patch.  We were covered in mud and now carrying slightly heavy pumpkins.  I just about had a meltdown.  We finally made it to the car and transferred our muddy selves into the car (while I helped Sarah go potty right there in the grass parking lot).  I couldn't have made it at all without the help of several of the preschool moms throughout.  Special thanks to Janetta for taking Ben several times.  Special thanks to Julie for bringing bags for pumpkins (brilliant) and carrying Sarah's to the car. It was a great idea.  I just should have gone to yoga and waited for a sunny day!  We did get a few fun pics.

What did Ben want to do?  Splash in the puddles.  I had tried to buy him rainboots the day before but they were out at Target, so cloth shoes.  Boo.  Eventually he fell or sat down in this puddle, so he was wet before we even started.  

Libby and Sarah on the tractor.

Ben loving the ducks.  He actually loved all the animals.  When I took out his binkie he just yelled all kinds of animalish sounding things at them.  

How cute, right?

No comments: