Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Bee in my Bonnet

For awhile now I have been thinking about making the girls princess dresses.  I wanted them to have one like a costume I wore in college.  It is super simple and it isn't fitted, so they won't grow out of it right away.  It was made of nice material that I could wash.  So yesterday I made the attempt.  I finished one and am 1/2 way though the other.  Libby kept telling me she would wear it even if it didn't turn out, but then had a massive meltdown that it wasn't what she wanted.  Sarah like it pretty well.  They are both convinced that only dresses that look like disney princesses are actual princess dresses.  I made these out of bedsheets so I didn't have to hem everything.  The patterned one is a disney sheet set.  Very sub-par quality.  But the pink underdress is a king size pink sheet set that was great quality.  Loved sewing it.  Plus, I was working on developing a talent for my personal progress!


She is shaking her booty in this one :)

No comments: